• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Storing Bows

willysmd

Hi All

I have stripped the canvas off for the summer over here and I have found out where you store the uprights behind the cab, but where do you store the bows do they go somewhere specific or just lay in the bed. Any ideas are helpful thank you

Mark

willysmd

RE: Bows

Thanks Wayne just had a look on the truck and found the underneath storage complete with straps, thanks again.

Boatcarpenter

Paul, I think the strap part is the same as the strap attached to the bow corners for securing the sides of the top when rolled up. I'm not sure about the other part.
BC

Armada

Paul, I think the strap part is the same as the strap attached to the bow corners for securing the sides of the top when rolled up. I'm not sure about the other part.
BC
BC, I have the drop side box if that makes a difference. There are 2 'brackets' under the front of the bed (my regular box did not have them), with the straps attached for stacking the bows in and securing with the straps. I'll check them out again, but seems like the straps were definately different than the ones on the bow corners.

acetomatoco

Better call a Mechanic... the Geek Squad.. You can get the straps from WeeBee Webbing... Dave will be happy to make you some....ACE

Boatcarpenter

Bow Storage

Here is a pic of a bow corner strap and it looks very much like the one on the bottom of my dropside bed which happens to be in a "snowbird" friends garage for the winter, but I didn't get a chance to go look closely at it today. Only the hole in the metal end may be a little bigger for the rod that it goes on under the bed. Might work, might not :?:
BC
PS: Got your 524 in the Deuce yet Paul?

Attachments

Armada

RE: Bow Storage

Went and checked mine. The end that the rod goes through looks like that. There are 2 pieces per side. 1 long piece connected to the bar and 1 shorter piece connected to the bar. The shorter piece has a loop on the end with a spring buckle attached. The longer side hooks through the spring buckle for tightening.
Nope, no radio in the duece yet, too many other projects going on. I will have it in the cucv when/if I go to Aberdeen though, so I'm hoping some other guys will one too so I can use it during the convoy there. Did you get yours hooked up yet?

Boatcarpenter

RE: Bow Storage

Yup, mine has that same setup. Been doing some rust work and painting on the bottom of the bed this winter and hope to get it on the truck in May some time. As to the radio, I still need a few pieces, mx7777 and AM-1780. My friend Jim gave me an NOS MX-6707 still in the box with hardware and antenna sections. Another local fella that I met at the Lowell Vendor Fest told me to come over and pick through his pile of stuff so I got a bunch of cables from him and an amplified speaker. Just located a couple of crew boxes yesterday. Sooo, a few more pieces and I'm ready to install if will stop snowing and warm up a little. Just got 2-3 more inches of that "Yankee Grass" today and still coming down as I type.