• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Storing TowBar

RobertoGatos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you carry a tow bar with the truck (you should if you don't) here is a clever place to put it. Does not collect water, easy on, easy off, and is well secured using two ratcheting tie-downs. All our trucks have them there. Easy to lock if you want, and just keep the feet with pins in a toolbox.

Lots of tow bars all over the classified section (insert plug here)

IMG_5700.jpg

Any other clever places to put these things? Or "cubby hole tricks" you want to share?

Last edited:

Gunzy

Great idea for the medium bar, but what about the heavy bar? Some of us have the "BIG BA#&ERD" in our trucks.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
No kidding on the heavy large tow bar. Rather the question is where do you mount the forklift to manipulate the large towbar
If you read the -10 for the tow bar from HE11, in the back, appendix B, it list the BII that is supposed to come with it, It states that any one of the following items may be supplied to move the tow bar, NOT using the proper lifting item may lead to injury to personnel. item 1a "5t wrecker", 1b "4 Marines", 1c "2 Navy Seals", 1d "GOD"

Last edited:

Gunzy

If you read the -10 for the tow bar from HE11, in the back, appendix B, it list the BII that is supposed to come with it, It states that any one of the following items may be supplied to move the tow bar, NOT using the proper lifting item may lead to injury to personnel. item 1a "5t wrecker", 1b "4 Marines", 1c "2 Navy Seals", 1d "GOD"
roflHahahahaharofl

Andrmorr

One might get the impression Ron was partial to the Navy...!

MtnSnow

Use of soldier A,B,C,D, and maybe E to Z also.rofl
I don't know about that.. you and I did it when picking up my 925....Although yes I did cheat and use the hoist on the back of my 923 to hold it up when backing up those last couple of inches! lol

Gunzy

I don't know about that.. you and I did it when picking up my 925....Although yes I did cheat and use the hoist on the back of my 923 to hold it up when backing up those last couple of inches! lol
Remember me? You know, soldier B? LOL

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't, have a tractor, but a cargo bed instead, you can stow a medium towbar under the front foot of the bed. There are two box shaped brackets meant for lashing the staves from the cargo cover bows under the front of the bed.

If you are lucky the straps, for securing the staves, are still there and the webbing hasn't rotted away.

The only trick you need to know is, you need to extend the length of the tow bar sections so that they are long enough to reach both brackets.

Add a bungee on each side too quiet the metal on metal noise from the towbar rattling around. The bungees can be used when the towbar is in use, to secure the electrical cable running along the side of the towed vehicle, as it travels back to your set of tow lights.

Add a chain and lock to the bracket if you are worried about security.

azteclizard

I'm bobbing my M52 (is it really bobbing if I'm not shortening the frame) and thinking of runing exhaust behind cab so ill have a 6 inch or so gap between cab and bed. Thinking about stowing my towbar here. Any pics of some of the mounting brackets that have been used to hold a set of medium towbars behind the cab?

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
uploadfromtaptalk1425095320722.jpgI mounted mine here using a pintle and 2 shackle mounts, the wife can put it up and take it down by herself by putting the ring on the pintle first, then lift each leg one at a time.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 544925I mounted mine here using a pintle and 2 shackle mounts, the wife can put it up and take it down by herself by putting the ring on the pintle first, then lift each leg one at a time.
So far thats the best place I have seen a mount. Close to the ground and close to the rear of where it will be used. Was thinking something like what you did with a pintel and extra shackle mounts but since I am a cargo was thinking inside of the bed front panel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks