• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

straight exhaust

hg adams

Would a straight pipe exhaust help the performance of the 6.2 or would it hurt it due to a loss of backpressure. I've always heard naturally aspirited gas engines need some back pressure on the exhaust side. What about a N/A diesel?

skateabrock

im rinning dual straight pipes, no differance except for the noise, haha. the factory exhause on my cucv was 2.5" so i cut the mufflers off and had the exhaust shop bent me 2 45* pipes that i hooked up, sounds mean now!

Goose2448

Granted I have a Gas engine, but stright pipe is realy loud and can be illigale. The Cherry Bomb Glass Pack from Auto Zone works great and is only about $20. They sound great and are a stright through desing for least resistance. I like stright pipe but Highway driving would be killer.

niferous

Just so you know any motor vehicle in Texas is required to have a muffler. A lot of people think diesels are exempt for some reason but that is not the case.

From the Texas Transportation Code:

§ 547.604. MUFFLER REQUIRED. (a) A motor vehicle shall
be equipped with a muffler in good working condition that
continually operates to prevent excessive or unusual noise.
(b) A person may not use a muffler cutout, bypass, or
similar device on a motor vehicle.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

kenny

Just so you know any motor vehicle in Texas is required to have a muffler. A lot of people think diesels are exempt for some reason but that is not the case.

"""""""""""""""""""excessive or unusual noise.""""""""""""""""""""""Realy!
Tell that to all those Hondas and other Jap cars in San Antonio

They put mufflers on them just to make noise.

I love the look on there face when I pass them up daily on the freeway pulling my landscape trailer.

skark_burmer

I had a 6.2 with dual 3" exhaust and straight flow mufflers and all it did was sound stupid. Performance gain was not noticeable if any and i eventually threw it away for a more reasonable sounding set of pipes. Besides, how big is the exit out of the bottom of the manifold, 2"?

T_F_E

The common argument is that the turbo counts as a muffler.

Bozor1000

Granted I have a Gas engine, but stright pipe is realy loud and can be illigale. The Cherry Bomb Glass Pack from Auto Zone works great and is only about $20. They sound great and are a stright through desing for least resistance. I like stright pipe but Highway driving would be killer.
I heard that the Cherry Bomb's are good for the 6.2. I never heard of any complaints. Mostly positive feed back. And the price can't be beat.

Stonepicker1

Over here at Al Asad, Iraq their are a few CUCV's running around the base. Most are in bad shape. Some CUCV-II also.
This CUCV has stright pipe into stacks. It sounds great on take off and going down the road.
Just thaught you might like the pictures.

Attachments

Midnight Rider

I heard that the Cherry Bomb's are good for the 6.2. I never heard of any complaints. Mostly positive feed back. And the price can't be beat.
Cherry Bomb glasspacks all the way! I've got 2 with a 90 degree turn exiting out in front of the rear tires.

I think it sounds great. Once you're off the throttle it doesn't really sound that loud.

Price couldn't be beat. OE muffler was like $200 a piece. I got 2 Cherry Bomb's for $40 from Autozone.

I've got pics posted somewhere of my setup.

msoumas

Just ordered a couple of the Glass Packs for my 1009, I guess I'll find out tomorrow if you guys are right about them!:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks