• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stranded at Subway - Deuce won't start

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it's working now. I called out on my co-workers, a prior Enlisted Officer who used to work on deuces, and he did what Warthog did and used a jumper wire on the starter relay and it fired right up. Should I look into replacing anything at this point?

Glad to hear the truck is running. You can send me a $5 foot long!!!!

Your starter switch may be bad or the circuit is bad.

Time to breakout the ohm meter and check the circuit.

Reactions: HDN

TheOxman

I still say Its the batterys, one or both. I have had this happen to me befor. Start right up ,ran to the store came back out and there I sat. Some times a batt. will just give up. Do you know how old they are?
They've been in the truck since I first looked at it in August, but I don't know how long before that. All the testing I have done on them shows them to be good, but I'll definitely look into it. Either way, it probably won't be a bad idea for me to add "replace batteries" to my to-do list. :)

Alredneck

Banned
You aint going to the EOD school down there are ya? If so, your stilling my mojo as I was the first EOD student to drive a Deuce to and from work on a daily basis. Good luck and watch the quicksand in places!

TheOxman

You aint going to the EOD school down there are ya? If so, your stilling my mojo as I was the first EOD student to drive a Deuce to and from work on a daily basis. Good luck and watch the quicksand in places!
Hah, no, no EOD school for me. I'm permanent party so when I make the drive to and from work it's from Crestview. It's a nice drive down 85 when the top is off.

abh3

I had this problem and used my standard approach: ignore it and maybe it'll go away. This actually worked or, more likely, some crud on the start button contacts cleared up...

Glad to know there are more Deuce people in the area!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks