• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stranded on i81 near wilkes-barre... free jeep!

kastein

was hoping this would not happen. I was on my way to a jeep club event at rausch creek and the transmission in my 96 cherokee blew up - no movement in any gear. I will give the jeep, minus the tires winch and my personal belongings inside it, to whoever can get me and my stuff to the KOA Kampground in Pine Grove. I did bring the title as I intended to scrap it at the end of the weekend if need be, but did not expect to blow the trans on the way there as it had been running well.

Cellphone - 774 922 2854 if I am not on here.

The motor runs very well so if you have loading ramps that will handle about 3600lbs it will load itself.

Around lunchtime I will probably call a tow truck and send it direct to china to be turned into washing machines.

kastein

Ended up having one of my NAXJA buddies tow it to Rausch, where I pulled everything I wanted out of it, then allowed most of NAXJA and whoever else wanted stuff to pull parts off it for free. What is left I signed over to Rausch, they are going to use the wiring harness and some other stuff to convert a RENIX Comanche to OBD-II and add the remaining parts to their emergency spare parts collection they have so people can get their jeeps home if they break.

I made it home safe. Thanks to all who called or offered suggestions or help.

Some of my steering parts got two friends home instead of being towed, some sensors and wiring got another friend home, two of my tires got another friend home (would have been a 350 mile tow)... at least its parts helped people out.

As for a decent burial, if it had given me some respect instead of kicking me in the balls 300 miles from home I would have given it one rofl

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks