• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange Cab on M37

F18hornetM

I payed $5000 for one in worse shape. 2 years later, I'm about 75% done restoring it. Pretty bad when you renew the tags and its never seen the road yet.
If nothing else its cool as h_ll

DooDooBrown

If all works out, picking it up on Wednesday. Has the 265 spitfire and will come with one set of high speed gears.

wdbtchr

Way back in ancient times when I was in high school(think mid 60's) there was a local bubba mechanic adapted a 30 era pick-up cab onto a flat fender jeep. I don't know what kind as I wasn't oriented to ex-military jeeps back then. No doors just a top, but inspite of of having a double dash, he started out without the original windshield, it looked really cool.

DooDooBrown

I brought it home last night..had it out today for an hour drive...runs great...tops out at 40 ha. With the 265 it has enough power. Working on the downshifting. Temp never got over 160 degrees. Brakes work good.

Things I need to do; 1. I need to get the gas tank back in. It is running off a boat tank in the bed. 2. The seats aren't attached. 3. The parking brake needs adjusting so it works.

I'll post some pictures on here when I can! Thanks!

DooDooBrown

Attached are several more pictures. I had the GPS on and it maxes out at 43mph ha. It cruises nicely at 30-35. Over 40 it sure wanders on the road but that may be normal. It definitely follows lines in the road. I intend to see if I can tighten it up a little bit and I am open to any input.

The 265 has some power. It have been surprised with it. Only things I am considering is disk brakes and I'd like a rear locker but don't want to break axles.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the pictures.

M37_3.JPGM37_1.JPGM37_4.JPGM37_2.JPG

nattieleather

Well besides going through and making sure all the brakes are working and tightening up the steering and fixing the fuel tank...and maybe updating the brake lights the big question is do you leave it as is or do you get the grinder out and see about taking the civy top off and putting it back to original?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks