• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange electrical problem

usmc81301

I just replaced all the harnesses about mid last year and all has been working well. A couple days ago while driving the marking lights and taillights went out but everything else works just fine. I have head lights, turns signals, panel lights and brake lights. The problem is that I can't drive at night when the tail lights won't glow. I have went down each line with an ohm meter and all seems to be well. I am out of ideas and looking for some expertise from all of you.

P.S. I did look at the wiring chart and pin schematics

dilvoy

When weird stuff happens, check the grounds. Maybe make a ground harness from every ground wire to the battery, because the aluminum body might not have good conductivity through the body and rivets joining the body panels together.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:
Just for an experiment, clip jumper cables to the - side of the batteries and then to a clean spot on the frame and body then see if things work.

usmc81301

Thanks for all the advice. I will give these things a try. Still wired that everything works and has worked fine and it is just this couple lights not working. At least it works good in the day.

Augi

All the lights you mentioned are on the 'parking lights' circuit. It would make sense if the light switch went south and is not supplying power to that circuit.

Augi

papaydsailor

have that problem all the time on mine and mostly its a grounding problem. aluminum with the harness wire is not a good conductor combination plus combined with dirt and vibration all the time. i run a direct wiring all the time on mine on groundings.