• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange Fuel tank issue

Gunner0311

This is a strange one. My M52A2 works fine on the Left Fuel Tank, but when I
turn the switch to run off of the Right Tank it does something strange:

The Fuel Gauge changes over to read the fuel level in the Right Tank, but the engine
continues to draw fuel from the Left Tank?? aua

I bought a set of Goodyear G177 tires and I am eager to change over to them and
hopefully get a getter ride on the road vs. the 1100x20 NDCC tires I have on the
old girl now:D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What does the -10 TM say?

goldneagle

Is there a manual switch on the floor by the drivers seat?

The electric switch is just for the guages (at least that's the way it is on the 800 series).
Fuzzytoaster and I were looking for the switch by the driver's seat on my M52. There is none! We never traced it out.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have it saved on my computer(like all owners should!).

If it's not available on SS, it may be on Jatonka's website. I'm sure it's also available on the government websites as well as other places.

Do I need to find the answer to every question(that should not even need to be asked) if it's in a TM?

BTW, I just asked a question, Is it in the TM?

goldneagle

I have it saved on my computer(like all owners should!).

If it's not available on SS, it may be on Jatonka's website. I'm sure it's also available on the government websites as well as other places.

Do I need to find the answer to every question(that should not even need to be asked) if it's in a TM?

BTW, I just asked a question, Is it in the TM?
I got most of the other TM's for the M52A2 but missing the Operator's Manual. Can you upload a copy? or steer me by a link to where I can download one. I gave Fuzzy a copy of all the manuals I had since he was interested in the truck.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
use the transfer pump to pump fuel from the right tank to the left, only draws from and returns to the left tank, gage switch only switches the gages just as the name suggest (fuel gage L/R)

As said before the -10 really helps

You can find the TMs here
UPDATED LIST
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Technical Manuals - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite
OR
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB
OR
Free Military Army Manuals!
OR
Former Military Vehicle Owners - Index
OR
ARMY 6X6: SERVICE MANUALS
OR
MilitaryTrucks.ca - M135 Deuce Truck ---Canadian trucks
OR
america1 --Military Radios
OR
500 Free U.S. Military Manauls Survival Ebooks Info Center
OR
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...5fb95459e-A3015A99-D14A-19E1-238F1793FB3D9566
This is the mil. TM web site,
--says bad cert., click to go anyway,

Gunner0311

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for your help. I as well as others seem to have great trouble
downloading the TMs, as my PC refuses to cooperate.

My truck has no manual fuel tank transfer valve, but does have the "fuel transer
switch". So the explanation of moving fuel from the right tank to the left tank
seems to make sense to me.aua

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right click and save the TMs to your own computer(I put them in one folder per truck type). Then you can open and search them almost instantly.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron, post#9 is the whole page from the TM(with the TM number listed in the top corner of the page).

In my opinion(and the US Governments), nobody should operate an MV without first reading the -10TM.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ron, post#9 is the whole page from the TM(with the TM number listed in the top corner of the page).

In my opinion(and the US Governments), nobody should operate an MV without first reading the -10TM.
That just makes to much sense, and if everybody did, there would be no "WHAT IS THE RED BUTTON FOR","TRUCK IS RUNNING, HOW DO I SHUT IT OFF" (from someone who figured out what the red button is for), ect., these type of QUESTIONS provide HOURS of fun for a lot of us.

Last edited:

Csm Davis

That's true DH and Ron but I would Not have ever learned that some of the older five tons had a transfer switch setup instead of a tank switch valve setup. Everyday that I learn something new to me is a good day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks