• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange looking 939 hood

BMS07

I found this 939 series 5 ton and it has a different hood. Looks like a one piece fiberglass hood. Has any one seen thease before? Thanks Brad

Nonotagain

It appears that someone replaced the round head lights with retangular ones and moved the turn signals from the lower fender.to the top of the fender

Here is a picture of a Sea Bees M923 that appears to share the same hood but with round lights and turn signals on the lower fender location.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jones

There was an outfit that was making fiberglass hard-tops and tilt front ends for deuces a few years ago to turn the trucks out as farm trucks or water sprinkler trucks for construction companies.
Looks like thier handiwork.

Crash_AF

Rancher's Supply here in Colorado makes them I believe... several of his 900s that he got without complete hoods have them on it. He also makes hardtops and one piece fixed windshields as well IIRC.

Later,
Joe

Scout

It's kind of like when IH went rectangular headlights on the 1980 scouts, and when the rectangular headlights came out on Jeep Wranglers, only 10x worse!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks