• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

strange running today

sparky1

went to the city today in the m008.been running good up until a month ago. starts instantly cold,but then promptly stalls. takes some cranking then fires and surges for 10 seconds all ok after that.but today coming up the mountain truck began to lose power.barly made it to the top.then pulled over and stalled.instant start but no idle and no throttle.won't accelerate much past idle. no funny noises.all fuel systems ok.never happened before.got a buddy to tow me home.i'm thinking the ip just went away.any thoughts?

baddy3

I had similar problems, blew the fuel lines out with the compressed air and thoroughly cleaned the glass ball in the IP return line and the truck runs great now. Check that return valve and clean it with carb cleaner I’m 100% convinced that will solve your problem….if that doesn’t help (but I’m sure it will), change the fuel filter and bleed the system, check fuel lines and filter base for leaks, replace air filter and clean CDR valve… if all that do not make any improvement it could be the IP…. Check this tread for more details:http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/47346-so-i-cleaned-ip-valve-fuel-return-line.htmlhttp://www.steelsoldiers.com/I had ...e the IP…. Check this tread for more details:

beanman1

if the glass ball is gone it will do that also like mine does lol i need to replace that but check you fuel lines all it takes is a pin hole to suck air

markinnh

i have never driven another one, so I do not know if my is fully powerful or not. Maybe someone else who has one will take it for a spin at the Weare NH show next week. Im kinda stuck with the old "If its not broken, then dont fix it" mantra

acmunro

Usually the check ball doesn't get dirty or need cleaned. The only time I have had to clean one is if the Injector Pump is failing or I suppose if the fuel line was breaking down from the filter to the IP.

Midnight Rider

I'm in the same boat. Been reading through a ton of posts on here. A few more things to check but I'll probably be looking for a new IP.

Lost power last week, cleaned fuel return valve. Ran better but not great.

Running rough again, checked and fuel return valve and it was dirty again. Also replaced air and fuel filter. Still running not as good as it was before.

Yeah, something else I can't really afford, but probably gotta find.

sparky1

problem found

so i finally got to work on the m008 tonight.went right into the ip and found the govennor ring broke.these plastic rings from what i've read came in all 82-85 motors.you can tell if its failed by simply pulling the cover of the top of the ip and look down in the bowl towards the front.try moving the governor ring(looks like a propeller)gently with a small screw driver.if if flops back and forth very easy,its gone.all 86 and newer have an updated ring thats not plastic.