• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Straps under bed on m932A2

helomech

There is a strap on each side of the bed, one above the fuel tank, and one on the other side above the tool box. Does anyone know what the straps are for? I don't even know where to begin looking for the answer.

Thanks.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The straps secure the cargo bows when not in use. Do you have a copy of the operators manual for this truck? It is a MUST read for owning one of these trucks.

helomech

Thanks guys. I do have the TM's, but didn't know what to search for. Looking for strap under cargo bed did not help me much. I tried. I drove them in the Army for 6 years. Just never took the cargo cover off them.

plode

I'm guessing the "M932A2" was a mistake and you meant M923A2?
M932A2 wouldn't have cargo bows or a bed as it's a tractor truck w/winch.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
just fyi if your going off roading like rocking the truck back and forth use 2 bungees to help hold the top bows in in place.... they are stacked 2 in a stack and 3 rolls only way it will fit under there..

KsM715

*disclaimer* this is not meant as a dig to the OP, its meant for anyone new to the hobby and these trucks.

I know the TM's can be daunghting at first. Yes its hard to find exactly what you're looking at the time you need it if you've never read through them to begin with.

When you have some freetime, grab a cup of coffee and just sit down and start thumbing through them. You dont have to read them line for line, cover to cover, just look them over, heck even just looking at the drawings as you page through them will help tremendously when the time comes that you need them and dont have the internet close at hand.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Epay has them but usually not the latest ones. The latest ones have awesome work packages and better troubleshooting flow charts. Yes, they have more volumes and pages but worth it. For example, the older ones have zero abs brake info in them.

Kinkos or try office depot/max. They sometimes have coupons in the Sunday papers for their print shop specials.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Glendale Manuals, they have TMs for a lot of military equipment. Some of the latest revisions. It is worth the cost to have real paper to reference/or just thumb through.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I printed a copy of the -10 early on when I first got my truck. That is the only TM I recommend anybody print in its entirety. Have two; keep one at your desk and one in your truck. I did find issue copies on eBay for reasonable cost.

I print -20 and -34 as pages only as projects call for them. Once printed I file them in a binder I keep in the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks