• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strata Blue Deuce Pics?

crazyplowboy

My 53' was origionally a strata blue Air Force truck under the 5 layers of OD and CARC. I have been trying to decide what color scheme to repaint it recently. I have been leaning towards the 3 color CARC for ease of touch-ups down the road. I have started to repaint alot of the small parts as well as the troop seats I just rebuilt in 383 green in preperation for a full truck repaint next spring.
When I got this truck I spent some time talking to Lance about what his plans were going to be if he had kept this truck and he said he wanted to paint it back to strata blue. At the time I wasn't too keen on the idea and had my mind set on just repainting it in the 3 color CARC that it has now. However the other day I started pressure washing the underside of the truck before heading off to a car show and the OD and CARC came off with the mud leaving about half of the underside strata blue. It is really growing on me and I'm reconsidering the paint color.
I have spent every night for the last week trying to find a picture of a Deuce in strata blue complete with all the markings for a reference, but have turned up nothingaua Can anyone help with some pics, or a place they believe might have some?
Thank you guys,
Cordell

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
I, for one, would love to see you redo it in Strata blue with AF markings. I used to see them like that all the time back in the '60s and early to mid '70s. The first deuce I ever drove was blue with yellow markings. Pretty truck! :) And yes, even though the trucks were blue, all canvas was still OD. I'm assuming your truck has (or had) a hard top? Most AF trucks did.

blacktop

I think a blue truck would be great, camo is cool but very common. I like my tan truck because it's somewhat different. Blue would be unique an It would be a nice addition at shows.

crazyplowboy

Well guys thanks for the responses so far. I'm 99.9% sure it will be returning to it's original Strata Blue get up, but I still haven't been able to find any pics of a blue Deuce with markings and correct top.

We need a "pulling your hair" out smilie for occasions like this.

donkdonk

I had a gasser M35 that was originally Strata Blue, but had been repainted OD, then a few red coats by forestry. I looked around for any pics of a deuce with blue paint but couldn't find a good example. Would love to see some though. I have an international wrecker that is Strata. Rapco carries the paint.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A couple of years ago there was a nice Strata Blue M35 (gasser) on eBay-does anyone have pics of it? I thought I'd saved them but I can't find them now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks