• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stretch's Place

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Headed to Stretch's place Thurs after work to pick up my dropside truck. All Ohio members are on call! Wish me luck.

gimpyrobb

Recovry4x4 said:
Did you get t he shutdown problem fixed? Shelley know yet?
Shelley know yet?! Hey now, we are not hitched YET! She is till on audition, My balls haven't been cut (yet). I decided it better to get on the road and mess with it here. I was able to hit 71S at 10 and got home at 1. Not much traffic and the bars had not yet let out. I am a happy camper.

gimpyrobb

Ok, finally got some time to post pics.

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think I should speak up since my name's in the title? :D

Forgot that the towbar on the M108 was down. So I'm lining it up, go to pull forward, and the darn truck won't move. Check the ebrake and try again, and it still won't move. Goes just fine in reverse. Then Gimpy noticed the towbar was down. It digs right in going forward! So if you need a really good brake for forward, and in the dirt, the towbar WILL stop the truck when it digs in.

Dropped the pan on the motor to check the rods/mains/ and bottom of pistons/cylinders. Everything looked good, with no play in the rods. Slight back and forth play on the crank, which is normal. Filled it full of oil, installed a starter, hooked up slave cable, then fixed/installed some lines.

Was cranking the motor over with no fuel attached, 30 seconds at a time, till we had oil pressure. Truck started up on us, seems the injector pump still had some fuel in it. Ran up to about 2000 rpm for 3-4 seconds, then ran out of fuel. Oil pressure shot up about 60 psi in that short time. Sounded good, just scary that it tried to run away. Turns out the lever inside the shut off housing was stuck.

On the shut off lever, we were able to get the bar/lever inside the shutoff housing to move, but it was stubborn. Didn't get it freed up all the way.

Got a lot done, and gimpy's got his truck with good motor. So it was a good day!

Dennis

gimpyrobb

Yup, the 109 is "old faithfull". It has towed everything from a 5ton dump down to an S-10. Lots of room for tools and "locked space" too. Next weekend's picks will be interesting too, as we will be taking a bed off the "goose chase" truck and putting it on Catlett's deuce. Then the motor comes out of said "goose chase" truck, in goes the LDS. Then the tan truck gets parted out.

gimpyrobb

Thanks again for holding on to her for me for almost a year. I can't wait to have a cargo deuce! This weekend coming up should be alot of fun too.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like next years run to Haspin is going to get complicated! How's the 725 coming?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks