• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck high idle?

adrianspeeder

Resurrected this shit spreader modified unit to running, but at startup she winds up to 1600 rpm. Both the hand throttle and foot pedal only control from 1600 rpm to redline. It won't wind down to an idle even after at operating temp, and that makes parking interesting.

26.JPG
082.JPG
083.JPG

Adrianspeeder

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an M35A3 which has a different engine. Totally different animal.

Has to be a ton of info on that one here all over. It is a CAT 3116 I believe.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I brought back a deuce from sitting for years. I ended up having to push the pin out of the assembly and use a scotch-brite pad. I put it back together with some antisieze and its been great ever since.

Mspike

You are on it Adrian. Same thing I had going on with an M936. Pulled the linkage pin form the foot pedal and worked it back and forth with copious amounts of panther piss (penetrating oil). No more high idle/sticking pedal. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks