• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck inner duel

flyxpl

I have a leaking wheel cylinder . I have the lug nuts off and the outer rim off . The inner rim and tire looks to be stuck pretty good . Anyone have any tricks to getting it off besides a lot of heat ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tire replacement is covered in the TM 9-2320-361-10, chapter 3-14.

Step by step instructions, and pictures too!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As soon as I read the thread title I knew what the problem was.

Looks like y'all got it covered. [thumbzup]

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2cents
Gentlemen,

You have no idea [well, maybe you do] of how valuable this forum is to the newly arrived and uninitiated, to say nothing of entertaining. Budd nuts...yeah, I spent a bit of time figuring out what those puppies are a couple of weeks ago. Did you know that they're not in Wikipedia!?! In the course of that search I learned also about pork chops [being a pretty fair cook, I THOUGHT I had those completely covered] and a slick lug wrench [which, not surprisingly, is NOT unanimously endorsed by the MV congnoscenti].

I bask almost daily in the sunlight of the accumulated insight and wisdom revealed here, and I take my hat off to the patient and stoic manner in which it is dispensed to me and the other few dummies out there. The only down side, so far, is that my spousal unit has been remarking on the amount of time I spend perusing the forum, despite my research claims. Hm-m-m-m. While she has been taking the whole MV thing quite well, I'm wondering what'll she'll think when the deuce actually gets here?

More later,
bs

flyxpl

Just a reminder NEVER APPLY HEAT TO A RIM!!! remember the bridgestone video
I though if heat was needed I would remove the valve stem . I had a feeling I was doing something wrong , In my readings here on SS I had never come across anyone having this problem . I will also give this site credit for me seeing the tire explosion vid . Went to Harbor frieght and picked up impact sockets with a bud nut socket . Got it apart to see that the wheel cylinder was fine . Looks like my rear oil seal was the culprit for the wet rim . I have attatched a pic to show how suprisingly clean it is . Like the rest of the truck I think alot of stuff was serviced before put up for sale . What is amazing is as soon as posting my stuck rim problem I had an answer by the time I got back out to the garage . Thanks , Joe

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks