• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck up dumper

Srjeeper

Rich, your other post is in the trailer forum.

I ran into this same problem once with a dump trailer and once a dump truck and both times it was the cylinder packing. When it wore out it would let the cylinder bind on the way down and there it hung.

Check with someone that rebuilds hyd. cylinders for their take on it before ya pull it.

Good luck and be careful.

BEASTMASTER

i can't believe it won't come down in the power down position? i've been told that they designed it that way to pull stumps out of the ground.it should come down or break something. :driver:

pa.rich

Both rams have a slight bend. 1/4 inch. One has a broken ring in it. I am thinking of pulling them and replacing with a set of used ones. It chatters on the way up and on the way down. My gut feeling is that these maybe too far gone to save.

pa.rich

Thanks guys for your advice, I am going to think about it. I appreciate the input. If it wasnt for this site, I wouldnt get anywhere. Forgot to say thanks, thats all. About rebuilding them, with the bent rams, I dont want to throw good money at these and it sounds risky. I have a used set lined up from a member on this site and will replace them with those.Thanks again. :D

ygmir

Just a note:
be careful working on rams, etc, with the bed all or part way up,,,,,,,they can come down quick and unforgiving................
good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks