• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stuck wide open when started after hydraulic head replacement?

mrclean826

heyi, new to this forum and need some help. i have an m35a2 i had no fuel to the injectors so i replaced the hydraulic head. after replacing the hydraulic head i started the truck and it immediately the rpms went up like wide open throttle, i pulled the stop cable inside and truck was still running so i had to choke it off on the intake in order to cut it off. i did this twice and both times i thought it acted like it was going to run away. is there something i should check that i messed up when installing the hydraulic head? thankyou

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be you got your throttle control lever too tight and it's stuck in forward position. Make sure it can float back and forth easily before you use the tie wire. If too tight with new o ring it will stick forward forward and run away or back and won't start. The peice where the hole and oring is. Sorry don't have a pic of the piece its self. I took it out in this picture.IMG_20200318_164728308.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The arm is stuck in the injection pump throttle cut off remove the two screws. Lubricate and turn back and forth with pliers
You're lucky you didnt throw a rod. Just my opinion , I'm not an expert

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The arm is stuck in the injection pump throttle cut off remove the two screws. Lubricate and turn back and forth with pliers
You're lucky you didnt throw a rod. Just my opinion , I'm not an expert

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Should just flip back and forth. If you have to use plyers it's way too tight.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks