• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck working on the 4th, Might as well redo my gauges ???

bwhite757

Alright, I've got to work the 4th, however basically I'm just babysitting so it'll be easy for me to do some work on the truck. My gauges are severely sun beaten and you can see through the plastic, so I've decided to fabricate a new gauge cluster to fit into the dash. O'Reilly has some decent gauges in stock and that I'm planning to buy, just got a quick question about the fuel gauge.

My current gauge works fine, so I'm assuming the sending unit is working properly. I want to replace it with an aftermarket one, just gotta make sure I buy the right one. The one I'm looking at says it's for "Most pre '89 Ford and Chrysler Applications." Or it uses the signal of: 73 Ohms when empty and 10 Ohms when full. Is this the correct gauge to buy for the 880?

I'm planning to buy a fuel level, then the triple pack: Volt, Water Temp, & Oil Pressure; a Speedo and add a Tach. I'm aware that I'll have to do the Ammeter bypass for this application. Thinking of possibly using a diamond plate for the dash filler..... Gotta check and see if Lowes has some in stock first though...

N1265

According to the Haynes manual for testing the sending unit, the sending unit should read 5-8 ohms when full and 60-75 ohms when empty.

I would think it would be close enough, maybe reading a bit past " full " when topped off . but I am not 100% sure...

bwhite757

Thanks that's what I needed to know. Unfortunately I actually had to work at work, lol so I didn't get anything done on the truck. Didn't even get to go buy the gauges, however did some looking around the net and I'm thinking about some other ones at the moment...

Someone else however did get to enjoy the m880 yesterday. My wife decided she wanted to take our dog out to the lake yesterday and sent me these pics after they got back. This is my 225 lb Old English Mastiff. Poor thing hasn't been able to go for a truck ride since I gave up my Ram back in October. He looks like he likes it.

m880_10.jpg

m880_11.jpg

m880_12.jpg

I'll keep this topic alive b/c I'm definitely going to get this done in the near future though...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks