• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stud Pilot Wheels

4RECOVERY

I have a M925A1 with the 10 "hub pilot wheels". They are the split rim style. Something that I am not a fan of. Has anyone that is running the dual wheels switched over to the 22.5 or 24.5 standard civilian tubeless steel wheels. If so any clearance problems, width of wheel, special offset, etc. I am considering changing mine. Thanks

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have a M925A1 with the 10 "hub pilot wheels". They are the split rim style. Something that I am not a fan of. Has anyone that is running the dual wheels switched over to the 22.5 or 24.5 standard civilian tubeless steel wheels. If so any clearance problems, width of wheel, special offset, etc. I am considering changing mine. Thanks
M925A1 would have super single 14.00R20s.

925A0 would have dual tires..

You have stud pilot budd wheels. They are not hub pilot. Hub pilot wheels require a different alignment and lug nut setup.

Most people go with 395 85 20s or 16.00r20s on 20in combat wheels as they are common upgrades for super singles.

HEMTT and LMTV type combat wheels run 125 or $150 each for them.

22.5s are an ok swap but most people want an aggressive pattern tire over a street tires. As well as some gain in top end speed. Same with 24.5s fall in the same category of aggressive pattern tread. 12R24.5s are about the tallest you can go and they are equal to a 395 85R20 in size. But 8 12R24.5s will cost you more than twelve 395s. The wheels bolt over and act the same as the 11.00R20s do that are on your truck. 11R22.5s are shorter than 11.00R20s. Even with 12R24.5s they will have no clearence issues in the back. The rear bogie is set for a 53in tire maximum

4RECOVERY

My mistake on the hub pilot vs the stud pilot. I meant to describe them as "stud pilot". That is why the picture says stud pilot wheel. My other trucks are hub pilot. I want to keep the dual wheel set up. In our area I need to be able to put on tire chains.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Short story about multi piece tubed tire.... coming back from Az with M970 tanker, got a flat, no biggie, i have a good spare, big truck stop pilot, petro, ta.... would not even change the flat to the good one, had to limp on a flat 30 miles to an independent shop to just swap tires due to the large shops being uneducated on different styles of tires

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks