• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Studebaker US-6 that needs to be saved!!

Lonesome715

If I had a job right now I would drive up, there pay the $900, bring it back, and make it shine like a new penny. I cannot belive how many of you are talking about picking it over and scraping what is left. Or, even parting it. It looks like a good truck for a restoration or even a biuld. If it has been cut down it would make a great resto-mod. Those truck are just not common enough to have parts truck or scrap in the same sentance. Not to mention it is a **** fine looking body style.

paulfarber

Value is always in the eye of the buyer..

Major problem is that there is no bed (most common) .

I would not commit to anything other than a look over as I have seen *many* good looking trucks turn out to be hulks that were not worth the gas to go see it.

Please find someone to buy it.... but as a very side project with big questions as to the actual condition and a seller who says that they can get $0.09 a pound for scrap and will not waiver from $900 then have at it... post pics of the recovery and of the restored truck.

Sephirothq

I went over and took a look at the truck. I couldn't get the engine to turn by hand but I only tried by turning the fan blade. i didn't try the starter or putting a socket on the crankshaft. there could be just a rust ridge in the cylinders or it could be locked tight. I don't know.

paulfarber

Sheet metal looks typical. The dent with the crease on the roof over the passenger side looks the worst (other than the typical seam rust).

If the engine were complete(!) and you knew if the bed was a 'gettable' item then the last thing that would worry me is the interior. ITs always the bits and baubles on the inside that make/break a restoration. CCKWs fight for steering wheels and brake parts. Rubber parts for the window seals might also be a PITA.. I have not idea how plentiful Studebaker parts are.

If you were 50/50 my 'dealbreaker' would be data plates. If it had them, get it, if not, see if you could pick it over. For a grand ($900) you are close to a much better truck than putting good money into a bad one. No bed is a huge demerit. Enough to walk away unless the truck was almost free ($3-400)

68427vette

the truck is ruff, beds are the same as a cckw, and hard to comeby, $600 i'll come after it, after the hoildays, or in the spring. too busy with the holidays,, if you scrap it, i need some parts, grill, fender, dr door, jc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks