• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Studs and O-Rings

USMC6062

I have four 20 stud combat rims that I will be using on a bobber project. I finally got them all out of the old tires they were mounted in. Three of the four still had good o-rings, but one had two o-rings stacked on top of each other. Naturally that one wasn't holding air either. I want to replace atleast the one wrong o-ring with a correct one, or maybe all 4 if they aren't too high priced. Has anyone confirmed if the 20 stud wheels had triangle o-rings, or do they start out round and just turn into a triangle over time? Also where can I buy the correct o-rings for 20 stud rims? I also need to replace 2 studs that hold the rims together. They are 5/8 x 2-1/2 long measured from the underside of the head to the end. I called Memphis and they don't have them and can't get them. I called Oshkosh, the guy there told me they are a Patriot Act item, and only goverment contractors can buy them. I called White Owl, he said he used to have them, but doesn't have the 5/8 anymore, just 3/4. He told me to call him back Monday about some used ones if he has an old rim laying around. I might try calling Hutchinson on Monday, they are the ones who made the beadlock inserts in my wheels, and I saw a picture on their website that looks like my exact wheels. I wonder if they were the manufacturer of these wheels? So anyways, does anyone out there have a couple studs they could spare or know for sure where I can buy some? I tried searching for this and found some posts, but couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. Thanks, Alex

KsM715

I've been doing alittle searching on combat rims and hemtt rims lately. I came across this thread. I cant figure out how to post links but if you do a search in the post viet-nam 5ton and up forum look for a post "Combat rims ????". on the second page is some info on what o-rings can be used instead of the triangle ones and phone number of a company and part numbers for the different orings Maybe this will help you out.

USMC6062

I talked to a buddy of mine that I went to boot camp with today. He went in for Motor T, and worked on all the different trucks of the Marine Corps. I asked him if had ever seen a triangle o-ring, he couldn't remember seeing anything like that, but said he couldn't tell me with a 100% confidence either. He told me it was mainly the drivers jobs to break down tires, because they didn't have much else to do. He worked more on the trucks themselves, but has done some tires also. He's working as a recruiter now, so he doesn't have as much access to his resouces as he used to. He's gonna try and find out the part number for the o-rings and 5/8 studs that these 20 bolt rims use. I looked through all the 5 ton TM's I can think of and can't find any that have the 20 bolt wheels in them. Does anyone know which TM would have them in it? Or better yet the part number for the studs? My buddy did tell me to check the operators manuals, because the tires are more there job, but I still didn't see any 20 bolt rims. Thanks, Alex

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks