• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuff to know.

scavind

Im looking at Dodge m37s. Want should I know about these if I decide to buy one. Like MPG and durability. Pros and cons of these trucks...If they can be daily drivers, etc. What ever I should know.

emr

MPG ?...:nothingfunny:... these are not daily drivers , Historic vehicles are a maintenence thing also. Sorry i really hope the mpg is not a deciding factor in what these vehicles are, If so it may not be for that person....Randy

bubba_got_you

also i used mine as a daily driver for about a year and i would still if i did not live in the city and the insurance wasn't so high here. i have had no problems with these truck's i couldn't fix on the side of the road.

Oilleaker1

A M37 is nothing more than a big Willys Jeep. 40 MPH and worse gas mileage. But----will haul huge and will crawl over anything. Not for divided highways. Very good for back country. A real pal. Yes, rural to work fine. If you like old machines and like old Jeeps, you will love a M37. I have 3 Jeeps and 2 M37's and love all. Don't expect anything more. John

Nickathome

If your daily drive is maybe 10 miles or less, and its all back roads, then yes it can be a daily driver. If you are like me and have a 33 mile one way commute daily, forget it. By the time I'd get to work , I'd have to turn around and start the return trip home.

IMO great truck to play with and drive locally on weekends, etc. As for a daily driver, No....

Tanner

My buddy Cabell Garbee drove his '53 M-37 for a number of years as a frequent daily driver with the stock powertrain before he did his Cummins 4BT conversion & re-geared the axles. His trip was at least 15-18 miles one-way, maybe more.

Look on the forum for CGarbee & ask him for info...

'Tanner'

pwrwagonfire

A M37 is nothing more than a big Willys Jeep. 40 MPH and worse gas mileage. But----will haul huge and will crawl over anything. Not for divided highways. Very good for back country. A real pal. Yes, rural to work fine. If you like old machines and like old Jeeps, you will love a M37. I have 3 Jeeps and 2 M37's and love all. Don't expect anything more. John
+1

If it was for more than around town, I wouldn't suggest it as a daily driver. BUT, I have heard of people replacing the rear ends to make them go 55 easily on the highway. If you want to use the truck for this purpose, I'd say put lock-out hubs in the front, makes it an easier driving experience, plus puts less wear and tear on the front axle.

However, it's important to remeber that these were made to be unstoppable offroad, and they deffinately are! I've seen one go through mud up past its doors. I'd look for one with a 251 if you can find it, a little more oomph in my experience.

Good plus side is they are simple to work on, no metic parts in these guys!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks