• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stumbled upon a wrecker boom/winch set-up Fort Madison IA

mbehne

Like the title says, I happened upon a, looks complete, wrecker boom setup. I believe it is off a m-936 and it appears to still be attached to a partial frame section. The tags are very dirty from sitting around not being used, so I couldn't get much info, but if interested I can take a camera and something to clean the plates off with.

The one tag I could read says
BLH Corp Lima OH
xm815
serial 9560525
Delivery date 11/70

It's sitting behind a business, the owner wasn't there to get a price but one of his employees said he did want to sell it. If your interested I'll pm you his #.

Mike

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks to me like its off an 800 series truck. Sweet find, pics would be great if you get back over that way. I'm not interested though.

mbehne

I figured I would try and stop to get a price just incase anyone was interested for parts. I can't imagine he wants much but you know how that goes!

wdbtchr

Sadly too many think all military surplus is made of unobtainium, but it couldn't hurt to ask him. I don't have any idea how I would haul something like that home, even though I do have an unused M54a2.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Like the title says, I happened upon a, looks complete, wrecker boom setup. I believe it is off a m-936 and it appears to still be attached to a partial frame section. The tags are very dirty from sitting around not being used, so I couldn't get much info, but if interested I can take a camera and something to clean the plates off with.

The one tag I could read says
BLH Corp Lima OH
B]xm815[/B]serial 9560525
Delivery date 11/70

It's sitting behind a business, the owner wasn't there to get a price but one of his employees said he did want to sell it. If your interested I'll pm you his #.

Mike
The m815 is a bolster truck, the front half of the bolster truck/trailer combo, used to haul pipe, poles, ect., The m815 has a behind the cab winch and guard like the 2 1/2t pipe line truck.

Sure would like to see some pictures.

Wonder if this could have been a xm815 with a self loader/pole setter

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flip your Ipad over?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well that is a 543/816 crane for sure, blew up the tag, it IS a m816 wrecker crane

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That tag say XM816.

mbehne

Sadly too many think all military surplus is made of unobtainium, but it couldn't hurt to ask him. I don't have any idea how I would haul something like that home, even though I do have an unused M54a2.
if it turned out to be something you wanted I go thru st.louis 2-3 times a year but it I'm always pulling a 36ft trailer so it makes it hard to get too far from the beaten path. Like I said, if anyone wants it I'll give you his # or can stop for you and inquire. I have room to store it for a few a few months without it being in the way and have a fork truck to load it up as long as it's not over 6k... Which it may very we'll be...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks