• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stumped with my M101A1 Lights

hoffy85

I recently stripped down my M101A1 trailer to clean it up and do some work on it. I took all the old wiring out, put all new 16 gauge wiring in and double checked my work. I have issues with my lights. The brake lights won't come on and when I put 12 volt bulbs in the different sockets they light up doing different functions. I wired in two wires for each light, one for the brakes and turn signals, and a second one the running lights. I capped the wires for the black out lights. My next idea was replacing the lights with new ones. Does anyone have suggestions for me at all?

Thanks!

DeadParrot

Double check the grounds. If the fixture has lost its ground, the current can go back through the 2nd filament in a dual purpose bulb, depending on the tow vehicle. The running light will be near full bright and the brake light will be dim. Best way to test troublesome trailer lights is with a stand alone battery or charger. Only connect ground and the light circuit under test.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both mounting bolt need to be grounded.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What bulbs did you use?

1156 & 97 or 67 ?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you reuse star washers?

Use a meter and test both sockets for goon ground to the frame.

You did ground your plug to the frame as well, right?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Test each socket to your ground terminal of your new front plug.