• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stupid question about right floor of M1028

ridenby

My truck has a bracket on the right side floor. Plus a few screws? across the floor at the curve where it goes from flat to sloping up. What mounted there? Any pics of whatever it was? Thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What you are describing sounds like the vehicle base for a Gamber Johnson laptop mount. It has a square bolt pattern, about 2"x2".

cucvrus

Its bigger then that and it is on the passengers side floor I would say 8" X 8" and about 1/2" rise with 4 riv-nuts 1/4"-5/16" imbedded in the top. I never seen anything mounted to them. I cut them out and sand the welds smooth. Less wear and tear on the floor mat. Anyone know? Maybe part of a winterization package. GM Part Number 14074432 Bracket Assembly Under Group 1808 Stowage Racks, Boxes, Straps, Carrying Cases, Cable Reels. ETC. That is how they list it in the parts manual. Not in M1009's.

My '84 M1028 passenger floor had that fitting as well, and as suggested I removed it with a cut-off wheel......found a couple loose bolts and nuts under it......no wonder things were rattling in the cab!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks