• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stupid question on wiper arm removal

USAWEAPON777

How do you get these stinking things off? I have yanked and pulled on them but they refuse even after pushing that little silver tab on the back of them.

beanman1

that little tab is the lock if they have been on there for a while you are going to have one hard time trying to get them off but you have the right concept a little wd40 might help even a small pry bar but becarful not to pry on the windshield

ralbelt

They probably have some rust issues. I had mine off last year and IIRC I used a piece of plywood to protect the cowling and a piece of steel shaped into a tuning fork design to SLOWLY pry them up. Add some antiseize when reinstalling.

boomer431

I use a seal puller . It has a small hook on one end and a place on the other end to strike with a hammer. This way you you are not prying on anything.:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks