• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stupid question

jmsneorrcom

im sorry for the stupid question, but on CUCV - is the starter underneath and to the right side of the truck. truck wont start, no clicking, so I got underneath and started to hit what I thought was the starter with no luck.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, you don't know what a starter looks like and you just got under the truck and started hitting stuff? TM's are listed on the site.

Last edited:

Shop Rat Fab

Yes the starter is on the right side. You most likely have a bad starter relay under the dash do the Dog Head modification. Put the gear shift selector, thats the chrome thing on the right side of the steering column, in neutral to see if your neutral safety switch/sensor is out of adjustment. Also you could hold the gear selector up into park as well to check it for adjustment.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/32943-doghead-starter-relay-modifcation.html

Last edited:

ralbelt

Please make sure the batteries are fully charged. Remove battery cables, clean cable ends and battery posts with a wire brush. Clean ground cable to frame.

And remember the first rule of owning a CUCV. If its rubber replace it, if its electrical clean it.

NICK_M1009

You should probly see if its getting any power to the starter. If ya have a power tester of sum sort, get under there and see if its getting anything. Or find the selinoid ( I think you got one on the firewall) for the starter. Turn the key and listen for it.

Last edited:

K9Vic

And remember the first rule of owning a CUCV. If its rubber replace it, if its electrical clean it.

:lol::lol::lol: :ditto:

That is so true, when I bought my M1009 the tires had full tread, but were dry rotted and had dead spots from sitting for years in a field.