• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stupid question

lawdog1623

Ok, i recently changed my oil and i unexpectedly ran across enough money to purchase a spin on filter adapter kit. Will i have to drain all the oil out to change this or does the oil run back out of the original filters. I was hoping after it sat nearly a week it would be empty. Thanks all

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No I do not think you need to drain the oil to install the new spin-on filters.
But if you changed the filters when you changed the oil I would run them a little to get some use out of them.
:beer:

wsucougarx

You're good to go to change out the filters without having to worry about the oil. Just don't start your truck up and then change the filters;-). You'll have a nice mess on your hands.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, no need to drain oil, even sitting overnight will drain the oil back to the pan. It should be a fairly simple swap.

lawdog1623

Awesome thanks guys. I may go ahead and replace the fuel filters with spin on types as well. Do you guys have suggestions as far as the procedure? I havent done much with the fuel system and i certainly dont want to cause problems i dont already have.

Flyingvan911

Just let your truck sit a few days to let the excess oil drain off of the filter and canister to reduce stray oil drips. When I installed Westfolk's spin on adapters I had zero oil drips. (But I have been travelling so the deuce sat for three weeks.) I like my spin on adapters.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome thanks guys. I may go ahead and replace the fuel filters with spin on types as well. Do you guys have suggestions as far as the procedure? I havent done much with the fuel system and i certainly dont want to cause problems i dont already have.
Unbolt the filter from the top, install your new spin fuel filter, turn the accessory switch on, and bleed the air out.
Check out posts 5 and 6. OP was asking about fuel filters in post 5 and the answer in post 6 was an answer to post 5.
Looks right to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks