• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stupid thermostat question

papakb

I've been working on the fan clutch and water pump and wanted to replace the thermostat that was in the truck with a full flow, 180 degree unit and searching online for thermostats is turning out to be a PIA chore!! All of the websites listing information on thermostats list their opening temperature but only a small fraction of them list the thermostat diameter. Most turn out to be 2.12" in diameter which falls out of the water crossover. They need to be ~2.5". The ones I can find seem to be either 2.48 or 2.52" in diameter, which is fine but then add full flow and the Buela buzzer goes off!

What are you guys using? Remember, 180 degree, full flow and keep in mind the fail safe types will not fit in the housing.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks