• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stupid Tree Reached Down And Bit My Deuce

FarmerRob

The truck bit back but now I have hours and hours of metal work to get everything straight again. :mad:
Having the extra space inside the back with the custom uprights and bows was nice but now the drawbacks have become apparent. The worst part is that I drove under the exact same tree 12 hours earlier without so much as a twig brushing the canvas.

Attachments

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Its a Live Oak tree that hates trucks, cars, houses & R/C planes, quadrotors & helicopters! You extracted a piece of flesh (wood) from it, but it did siginificant damage to your pride & truck. Make firewood out of what you got & eye the rest for more firewood next winter! Sorry for your tree thrashing!

FarmerRob

It will be burned this winter after it has seasoned. For now, my landlord's goat herd will be picking it over to get all the green bits.

FarmerRob

I would go after the rest of it but it's not my tree. And besides that, good trees are few and far between out here so it would be a shame to kill one just for spite. I will definitely enjoy the pieces of it that I have, though.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm now looking at a few trees that I pass under with suspicion. May need to do some preventative chain sawing to make sure they behave. :)

Clay James

I had my M105 trailer parked under some oak trees for a while. Shortly after I moved it a branch about twice that size fell off one of the trees and landed right where it was. It also knocked another large branch off when it fell so that could have been bad! I never trusted these trees before now I trust them even less. They're especially bad about it during hot weather and give no warning something is about to give. Just SNAP and off it goes. Be careful where you park your vehicles!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to cut the tree up and go after a few others to set an example for all the trees in the area.