• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Submarine Deuce

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm really thinking of doing this now... I would like to find a poor deuce (maybe barely runs or has something terminal in the engine) and put stacks on it. That way if I have a leak, I'm not out a good engine.

But I think it would be a great publicity stunt, maybe do it as a benefit for a disabled veterans group or children?

ABN173

By the way, the original images are quite large (too large to post in a forum), to get them just do a google-image search with the expressions
Can't you just resize them as any other photo? BTW if you have Microsoft Office Power Point, you can just insert the picture, then click it and drag the corner to make it smaller and they will post then.

-Dale

saddamsnightmare

June 18th, 2010.

BETTER find a deuce with absolutely no oil leaks anywhere, or the EPA and the Coast Guard will be having a fit, and probably the Corps of Engineers too, unless they're all tied up with BP's Deepwater Horizon accident right now......!:idea:

velociT

Those photos are probably the coolest thing I have seen in a long time.

I'm pretty sure it beats the U-haul driver that forgot to close his back door and lost half his load next to me when the light turned green... :shock:

nhdiesel

Never did it in a Deuce, but lots of deep water running in an early Toyota pickup and a Suzuki Samurai. I set up both with snorkels for the intakes, and spent lots of time running vent tubes for the axles, trans & t-case. The most time was spent waterproofing every electrical connection on the engine.

I even had Samurais stall while under water, and actually crank back up. It made no sense, considering that the starter, brushes and all, would be filled with water.

Jim