• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Submarines, now MRAPS, Latin style

B3.3T

As is typical among Liberals, banning something makes the abuse go away; Hmm, like cocaine, heroine, K-2. Or handgun crime in the UK (up 500% in the last eight years). And banning armor would solve a problem that does not exist. And if it were banned, someone with criminal intent would find a solution. Oh, wait, that already happened:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a classic case of why we need to pull all of our troops out of foreign countries and bring them home to secure the borders.

The "war on drugs" is the biggest fraud perpetrated on the American public since Prohibition...you cannot legislate morality.

That so called war has led to the loss of more civil liberties than any other program except the "War on Terrorism".
Yes, yes, and YES!

See you Sat at Haspin Richard.

Robo, Actually the 2nd was written for all the weapons (modern) of the time, not just single shot muzzle loaders. If we limit the 2nd amendment based on your way of thinking no one could own anything except what was around at the time it was written.

I firmly believe that if I can afford the weapon I should be able to own it regardless of what some pencild1ck congressman thinks.

TIGERFANS2

I already tried to indicate and will say it clearly now; that statement was a bit too black and white, and everybody is welcome to its hobbies. Tanks are not my kick, but some of the tracked vehicles of our fellow SS members really look nice and my regret is that I never got a chance to race around in a tank.

Changing a truck into an armored vehicle to protect drug transports or fight out who will dominate the drug market and make the biggest profit shipping drugs to the USA is not a hobby but a THREAT that should be taken care off BEFORE it enters the country.

I did not want to get into it, but now I will make my opinion clear. I do up to a point agree with the second amendment. A lot of my US and Canadian friends have arms at home and I would like to go hunting with them if possible.

I do not agree with the idea of the second amendment as a free ticket for each and every individual to buy, have, and use whatever you want up to and beyond fully automatic heavy combat weapons. The amendment was never intended for that.

The idea that people are responsible for their own actions I agree with, but society has become too complicated for each individual to oversee all its complications and therefore some rules are introduced as compromise and to indicate borders SOCIETY agreed on. That those borders will infringe on personal freedom is clear, the discussion is where those borders should be.

On a lighter tone, I would probably come help you clean up the welding.
The right to keep and bear armored cars shall not be infringed......

wait a minute..............................

THAT'S NOT WHAT IT SAYS!

I'd think a constitutional expert such as yourself would know that? ;-)

natem

I already tried to indicate and will say it clearly now; that statement was a bit too black and white, and everybody is welcome to its hobbies. Tanks are not my kick, but some of the tracked vehicles of our fellow SS members really look nice and my regret is that I never got a chance to race around in a tank.

Changing a truck into an armored vehicle to protect drug transports or fight out who will dominate the drug market and make the biggest profit shipping drugs to the USA is not a hobby but a THREAT that should be taken care off BEFORE it enters the country.

I did not want to get into it, but now I will make my opinion clear. I do up to a point agree with the second amendment. A lot of my US and Canadian friends have arms at home and I would like to go hunting with them if possible.

I do not agree with the idea of the second amendment as a free ticket for each and every individual to buy, have, and use whatever you want up to and beyond fully automatic heavy combat weapons. The amendment was never intended for that.

The idea that people are responsible for their own actions I agree with, but society has become too complicated for each individual to oversee all its complications and therefore some rules are introduced as compromise and to indicate borders SOCIETY agreed on. That those borders will infringe on personal freedom is clear, the discussion is where those borders should be.

On a lighter tone, I would probably come help you clean up the welding.
I think you and I have a very different view of the U.S. Second amendment. Of course I am in the U.S.A.

Nate

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While those vehicles look pretty mean, if you look at them very much you can see several flaws. Small arms could stop one of those trucks dead in their tracks fairly easy if you shoot the right places. It also appears there is little to no armor underneath.

The tires are totally unprotected take those out and it wont go far. I also bet they didnt do much undercarriage protection. A few molotove cocktails and there would be Mexicans pouring out of it on fire.

powerhouseduece

As is typical among Liberals, banning something makes the abuse go away; Hmm, like cocaine, heroine, K-2. Or handgun crime in the UK (up 500% in the last eight years). And banning armor would solve a problem that does not exist. And if it were banned, someone with criminal intent would find a solution. Oh, wait, that already happened:
Marvin Heemeyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sad... :cookoo:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDYU-uKo1N8&feature=related[/media]

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I seriously would love to go into the discussion full speed now, but I think that this not the right place to do so. If I see what my remark triggered and certainly the reactions when I tried to correct the remark and then mentioned my own opinion

holy cow.jpg

Not in the least because that discussion has the USA divided also, and emotions seems to go up a notch or two. We also don't want to write things here that others might take out of context to show that WE are a bunch of whatever and the whole MV hobby should be forbidden (or all surplus trucks mutilated)

Besides, in the end the best each of us (that is, each side) in the discussion can hope on is that the other party will maybe admit that, somewhere veeeerrryyyy far, the other side might eventually have a point that merits a second thought ....when **** freezes over and the pigs or cows are dancing on the ice ;-) ;-).

I suggest we focus on what we all like and agree upon:
The right to keep and bear armored cars (...and other MVs...) shall not be infringed upon...... ;-)

mktopside

Banned
I seriously would love to go into the discussion full speed now, but I think that this not the right place to do so. If I see what my remark triggered and certainly the reactions when I tried to correct the remark and then mentioned my own opinion

Not in the least because that discussion has the USA divided also, and emotions seems to go up a notch or two. We also don't want to write things here that others might take out of context to show that WE are a bunch of whatever and the whole MV hobby should be forbidden (or all surplus trucks mutilated)

Besides, in the end the best each of us (that is, each side) in the discussion can hope on is that the other party will maybe admit that, somewhere veeeerrryyyy far, the other side might eventually have a point that merits a second thought ....when **** freezes over and the pigs or cows are dancing on the ice ;-) ;-).

I suggest we focus on what we all like and agree upon:
You'd be surprised. We have more guns in this country than we do people. There may be a slight divide, however much like abortion it is an issue that is more media driven than anything else.

For whatever divide actually exists........ I sleep just fine at night knowing that my side of the divide.......... has all the guns ;-)

98taco3

The Heemeyer story was absolutely shocking. It happened a decade after I left but I graduated from High School in Granby, Co.
I remember when that happened. The Larimer county sherrifs department were going to try to respond with their V-150 over trail ridge road. They punched an intersection with it and it was quite a sight!

powerhouseduece

On a different note, has anyone on the board thought of building a replica MRAP? Of coursse, money, proper fabricating tools as well as scrounging parts would all be issues. I would think a Navistar truck chassis would be the most direct route.
WarWheels.Net - Photos of the International MaxxPro MRAP.
My buddy found a shop in western Maryland that was building fakes for the military. It was costing too much to use real MRAP'S just for training, so they built them out of m923's. I have a pic of one on my computer, I'll try to get to it later.(before the thread gets locked)