• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

substitute for military power steering unit

demonhunter77

Anyone know of a substitute for the military power steering unit that will fit the m35a2? We have a you pull it type parts lot near by and I'd love to do that versus buy one NOS.

bgekky3

Internation medium duty trucks and busses have one that works. Not sure exactly on years but 80s era plus or minus five years. It is a power steering box. If you need a new air assist. I don't know of any.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Anyone know of a substitute for the military power steering unit that will fit the m35a2? We have a you pull it type parts lot near by and I'd love to do that versus buy one NOS.
there is no NOS power steering for the A2, just air assist, so you will have to make everything yourself. or you can buy a kit, special price for SS. lots of info on my website.

Last edited:

Woodsplinter

5198- if the item on the firewall is silver (mine is) it is the safety cut-off switch. Don't mess with it. The regulator is black and usually mounted on the frame behind the left front wheel. You can get rid of that- its not needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks