• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suburban Rear Tailgate

niferous

Ok I checked and can't find a post on Suburbans. Blazers yes but not Suburbans. I recently bought a 3/4 ton Suburban from a member here that has the rear tailgate. The back glass got busted out somewhere along the way and I found a new replacement piece for $70 that is already tinted.

The problem I'm having is that the dang tailgate won't drop! We tried cranking the handle down like you would to lower the window but it still won't open. Do they have some kind of special latch that doesn't allow the tailgate to drop if the window is up? If so does the window need to be in for it to activate the latch? I have read that the Blazers have one but I don't know where it is located. Looking at the insides of this tailgate it seems to be very similar to my M1009 except the shell is different.

Any help is much appreciated. :beer:

Crash_AF

Two ways to get it open:
There is a lever with a little wheel on it about halfway down the tailgate center divider, that is the switch that prevents opening the gate without the window down. Push that in and the latch should work.

The other way is to grab the two op rods and pull them towards the middle of the tailgate, that will release the latches.

Later,
Joe

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the status of the glass? It does have to be down but just because it needs to clear the channel it's in. Everything is the same as an M1009 inside or at least interchangable.

niferous

I found some replacement glass here in Houston for $70 that is the "tinted" stuff so I'll probably go with that. I'm not sure I'll have time to jack with it though this weekend as I have a lot of stuff to do for my masters. Plus my dang CUCV is still without a fuel tank and I've only scratched the surface of my OD Iron AC install. :?

What's that they say about too many irons in the fire?