• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suburban...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a silver one...

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, didn't see it.

Edit: Yep, now i've seen it. Ex-USAF
It would make a nice project.

Last edited:

K9Vic

Needs allot of work to clean up all that rust but it would be a good candidate as it is a government military truck. Just add the right bumpers, grille guard and shackles and you are set. I had found a 1993 J code Suburban, but it was 2wd and would not have made a good M1007 because of that. I would love to find one like that red one close to me, but where it is located is way to far to make it worth the expense.

I Known GM made a 1988 Blazer after the end of the CUCVs in 1987 that was just like the CUCV M1009, but slightly different. It looks more like a civilian Blazer with the added CUCV stuff w/blackout switches & lights. The data plate is the same as that red one, does not say CUCV, but has the "CV" in the make & model. I guess GM tried to keep the government vehicle carry all market, but seems it did not work out well.

idM1028

Honestly, the rust doesn't look that bad to me. Especially when you consider they salt the roads around here in the wintertime. I think what people might be seeing is the red paint peeling off and the green underneath showing through.

Varyag

A friend of mine just gutted a 6.2l with a 700r4 that he was given by a friend. He is completely redoing the interior. The outside is baby poop brown. The whole 1007 thing always sticks in my mind for it but he isn't as much of a MV guy but I have almost convinced him to 383 it a few times. He does want some 1009 bumpers for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks