• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Successful Deuce pick up!

Aswayze

Note: this was written last night on m laptop at work while the power was out. Just now getting it posted. :)

Well am I now officially am an MV owner. I picked up my Deuce from GL at Ft. Riley today and drove it home to Kansas City. I won it in late May, submitted the EUC in early June, got my invoice yesterday and now have it home. One tire was flat and the batteries were dead when I got it but $80 worth of 6TN batteries and a quick puff of air followed by tightening up a loose valve core and she was good to go. Both front tires were new, brake lines look really good, all the fluids had been very recently changed; air filter was new, everything looked very good from the mechanical side.

Insurance was a snap, the DMV people were very nice about getting me my temp tag, GL was very helpful and that thing drives like a charm.

I had a 09:00 appointment to pick it up and rolled out ready for the road at about 10:30. A quick stop at Military outlet to pick up 14 4 foot X 4 foot X 2 foot MILES hard cases and we were on the road (I am really liking the ability to haul cargo!

Only a few issues encountered:

Brake lights did not work. Everything else worked good, just no brake lights, I had a chase car following me that stops a lot faster than the Deuce so I just ran with it and will fix them this weekend.

Cab soft top stitching came out on the front edge and started billowing part way home. It as a nice day so I just pulled it down. I have an industrial sewing machine that I use to maintain my unreasonable collection of canvas tents so I’ll just get that stitched back up and be good to go in no time.

Lastly, the soft top is in the chase car (at home) and I am now at work where it is raining and hailing like Noah’s flood and I just know I get to drive home in this… Good news is my air wipers actually do seem to work just fine so at least that helps a little bit.

Other than that it was just a hot sunny drive home. It is weird that with the top down and the windshields popped part way open that thing just was not very breezy; some weird aerodynamics going on there for sure.

reb87

Did you turn on the light switch? I havent picked up my m35 yet buy my 5 ton has to have the light switch on for the turnsignals to work. Ross

Aswayze

Light switches were set correct, all the other signals worked, just not the brake lights. Pics are still in my camera that has been absconded with. I should be able to recapture it on sunday and put some pics up then.

Anyone know a good source for the female end of a Deuce seat belt? My drivers belt is sub-optimal.

DanMartin

..oh, and if the brake lights aren't working, I would look to the brake switch on the air pack...either it's not connected or busted (they leak internally and stop working if it's the old style). There is an upgrade kit you can get form Saturn Surplus that will change the switch to an air activated one if you end up needing to replace yours.

Aswayze

I spent the day working on all things green (and temporarily tan) and managed to recapture the camera so here are a few pics as requested:

What's up for the rest of the holiday weekend?

Step 1: Drink coffee
Step 2: Work on green projects
Step 3: Drink more coffee

Attachments

Aswayze

Running just delightful. I've put another 12K miles on it since then and have only had very minor troubles. By far my most reliable vehicle!

It's been repainted since the pics and looks pretty sharp now.

Love that thing!

The Miles cases are still serving us well. We can stuff about 1 tent in each of them making the tents entirely more stackable even if it does make the cases extra painfully heavy.

Aswayze

Well right now I am getting ready to start changing tires so I suppose it's just making me tired and sore just thinking about the task ahead. :))

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks