• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sucessful Recovery From M-Burg 9-2-09

Coal Cracker

Hello all,

One more Deuce will prowl the roads and trails of the Keystone state. Showed up at Mechanicsburg with my pu/truck full of just about every tool and fluid I could think of, to keep Murphy's law at bay, I had a trucking company on stand by, just in case.

I was determined to drive her home but SAFELY, if I could not do it safely, it was gettin hauled, Found Mike, and we located the truck, took care of paperwork, and he said he'd hang around to see if I'd need a slave jump, With that I checked oil, fluids, and fired her up, and Mike took off to tend to his chores.

Brake pedal was firm/tight, no leaks at wheels, tires we're good enough to get off base. Waited for air, and temp to come up, bled tanks, and slid her in 1st. crept out of lot, checked brakes a few times, and got her off base.

Pulled into Mall parking lot, checked all fluids, lights, brake lines, tires, and all looked a go, grabbed lunch at local pizza shop( In mall lot so I can stare), came out added 15 gal. diesel, and diesel kleen, double checked everything, zip tied my temp plate to the back, put insurance paperwork in glovebox, and made way towards home.

No suprises driving at all, cruised nice at 55, no wander, no shake, temp stayed put, and oil pressure was perfect, she did bog down a bit comming up 81 north on the Ravine hill, but she had old fuel in the tank.

She's since gotten fresh fuel, and oil filters change, also scoured over her, and everything works , all zerks had grease, It's had a trans replaced, new air pack, new master cyl., 8 new tires and brakes rebuilt with cyl's in rear, 2 new Intersate Mil Spec. batteries/posts,new batt box, Looks like she was shopped out before turn in. I think I made a good deal!

Thanks for all the help, oh and P.S. THE LUGS WE'RE LOOSE !

I now have the disease:smile:

Pic is from GL

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Sounds like you made a good score...congrats!! From the pic it looks like a sound truck and even has the cargo cover etc.

Wonder if that spot on the ground came from your truck?

Coal Cracker

Papa, I wondered about the spot on the ground, that's why I definately made a preview, It had to be from something else that was parked there, no leaks that I saw anywhere. It seems like they park everything in the same row.:wink:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score. Glad to hear about a very safe recovery, It's good that you had time to give it a thorough inspection before pulling out onto public highways. I'm also glad to hear you had a trucking company on standby...that's smart!!!

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Bruce and I looked at your truck last week while we were up there. It was a good looking truck. The spot on the ground is from my tears after realizing I paid too much for a winch truck out of Meade that was a runaway when started (said runs and yes it runs at high rpm's but does not want to stop) and I could of had a clean truck like this one!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks