• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sudden high EGT's

CA_CUCV

My problem is when I went driving today I looked down while cruising around town and the Pyrometer was way higher than it should have been. There has been no noticeable changes in power, no smoke, and no running problems.

When I accelerate WOT from a stop the pyro gets to 900* by 40MPH no problem, even when the engine is cool(not heat soaked).

It is also boosting alot more than normal at cruising and acceleration. When I'm cruising it'll be boosting 3-5 psi when before it wouldn't have any. Peak boost isn't any higher than normal.

I've had my ATS turbo on my truck, a 1987 m1008 with a 6.2, th400 and np208, for about 1000 miles or so now. Up untill now it has performed great. The turbo's a new Garret that came with the kit. A T04B, I think.

I replaced the air filter today and drilled extra holes in the housing for good measure. My exhaust is 3 feet of 3" pipe that blasts straight down so it's probably not restricted.

Thanks for any help.

Brian

Last edited: