• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suggestion For the generators section to the moderators

billypop

Would it be possible to break apart some of the generator threads by size ie all threads having to do woth the mep002s and 3s together. All the smaller gensets together then the larger sets grouped together according to how alike they are. Reason being if you ar searching for a specific problem answer going through the entire 100 + pages makes it a tough and long task. Then it becomes easier just to ask the question no matter how many times it has already been answered. I realize this may open a can of worms but just asking
Thanks

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We're pretty fragmented already. Opening just the forum and searching for 003 vs 002 or mep002 vs mep003 should split the difference.

FWIW, we also don't split the Deuce forum into M35/M35A1-A2/M35A3 as well.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a novel idea, but as patracy said, we are pretty well fragmented already. Plus it's not going to help a bit with the OP's search problem, because the division of the threads would only be from the point which the new sub forums were created, and then only as long as people posted in the correct spot to begin with. So looking for historical information would be pointless because I don't have the time, and I wouldn't take the time to move 1000's of old threads into their appropriate sub forum.

Use the advanced search feature, and try a few different key words, but select the particular forum you want to search as well. That will narrow the search results.

Now you can see why we try to get members to use accurate and informative thread titles on their posts, it makes searching a whole lot easier when you don't get 50 posts titled "Generator Help?"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks