• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suggestions for leaf spring on M1009

Squibbly

I've got some sag in my rear left leaf spring, so the truck leans to the left.
I can put air into the air shocks I have, but I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to be providing "lift" to the truck.

What brand springs are people using these days?
Any that are recommended over others?

Thanks

cucvrus

1986 CUCV M1009 Decade after being wrecked. | Page 4 | SteelSoldiers 1662632309048.png1662632729327.png1662632755364.png
It really don't matter where the springs are made but I bought mine from Stanley Springs in Harrisburg PA. And I know they make the U bolts as you wait. And I am sure the man told me they make the springs from spring parts. I called ahead and ordered my springs for several CUCV's. It was a day or 2 till they called and said they were ready for pickup.so whether they made them or sourced them I don't know. My current build has USA springs on it also. Stanley Springs in Harrisburg PA has a lot of great suspension items for all makes and models. 1662632159235.png This condition has been my main concern lately. May of these older trucks are in this condition. Fixable? Yes. Requires a bit of labor and effort. These are the frame mounted rear front axle shackle mounts on all CUCV vehicles. Frame mounted and riveted in place. But parts like leaf springs are manufactured all over the world and they must meet a specification. I know they have heavy trucks all over the world. It used to be India that supplied the lift kit springs and people still bought them and they had
an American name attached to them. All is well. Dayton Parts, LLC
Good Luck with your build. It looks good and I am sure the springs will exceed your expectations and requirements. Just cut that part of the sticker off.

ehuppert

I use ATS spring out of PA. (used them for shop I managed) They ship and are reasonably priced. Bonus: Use to deal with the father, would call and they actually knew what they were doing and knew what i needed! Their springs used to come out of canada. Regardless, they have always stood behind the products. They also carried allot of hangers and hardware that were prone to rust....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks