• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suggestions on hard top rear window seal.

Jeeper10

I purchased a basket case hardtop with the older style oval one piece rear window. I want to remove it before blasting it, grinding it, welding it ect. The seal is going to fall apart in doing so. Any suggestions on a replacement seal?
Thanks all.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Any body or auto/truck glass shop WILL have NEW rubber window seal.

rustystud

That seal is harder then you think to get new. I finally got one from LMC truck parts. It still is not correct and now I need a larger piece of glass since the seal is smaller then the stock one. The good news is that is just a piece of flat glass. The bad news is finding the correct measurements of the glass.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The seal is generic. When mounting glass, I learned to use tire grease to lube the seal first. About any glass man can make a pattern for you.

rustystud

The seal is generic. When mounting glass, I learned to use tire grease to lube the seal first. About any glass man can make a pattern for you.
Actually there are about a bazillion different style and types of rear window seals out there ! I went to every body shop, NAPA store and window replacement company between Woodinville and Bellevue ! No one could match the original. Some where pretty close but no dice ! So I finally got a rear window seal from LMC truck parts for a 1954 GMC truck. I use silicone myself to install window seals. I didn't want to pay the cost of having a window shop make up a new glass for me, but that ship has sailed !

Jeeper10

Thank you everyone. Found a suitable replacement (I hope) at s local custom glass shop. It isn't exact but appears it will function and look fine. I'm a long ways from needing it but wanted to be sure I could come up with something before removing the old one. Cheers

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
image.jpg
Something like this would look pretty cool and probably work out well. Not sure if you need to stick to stock look. It is a boat window and they come in all kinds of sizes. Just a thought. Thought about doing this to my 5 ton hard top but the window is is good shape.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Pretty much any boat supply stores will have a list or catalog with manufactures of these windows, West Marine is one. Just google boat windows and I am sure many choices will come up. Hope this will help someone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks