• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suggestions on Large Tire Balancing...???

M923driver

I've used the beads in my truck/trailer tires for years with great results, including 22.5's on my motorhome. I'd like to end the bouncing in my 923 and I think the beads or liquid would work, but what about the CTIS? I doubt that would be a good marriage. Anybody tried it?

JxxxOxxxE

I think I'm gonna try some antifreeze in my tubes...hopefully it helps...I wonder if 20 oz should be good for liquid also...

crazywelder72

I think I'm gonna try some antifreeze in my tubes...hopefully it helps...I wonder if 20 oz should be good for liquid also...
i would think that 20 oz of liquid or pellets wouldn't differ. The fellow from counteract said with my size wheels 20 oz would be a good place to start but may need more.

xtra material for balancing will not have a negative affect.

I am all ready to start adding washer fluid and now my buddy wants to check to see if he can get me some counteract pellets cheaper.

Would like to here how the antifreeze or washer fluid works. I have some 395 MVT's on my M915A1 that need balancing real bad. Right at 55mph I get a real bad shake from the front tires.

crazywelder72

I havent done anything yet. My Bro-in-law has some connections that usually deal in using equal but i dont really want that.

He is trying to get me prices on counteract better than $40 per 16oz. If i cant get a smoken deal on it I am going the washer fluid route.

TacticalDoc

I'm going to ask another question about balancing also. My M923 Marine Has lockers and that's why at may bounce more but I want to balance the tires. The bounce was pretty bad and obviously noticeable around 20 to 30 mph. So, I added the tire weights that bolt on each of the rims (outside of rim on front and inside of rims on the rear). It seemed to help but there is still some bounce still around 20 to 30 mph range. I guess the next thing to do is add some fluid or beads.

talskinyguy

Used engine oil? Is there anything in the oil that would eat the tires? I did it about 7 years ago on a set 37" military tires I have and I still haven't had any issues with them. Hello to free.

ducer

Antifreeze has been used in farm tractor tires for weight forever. I dont know how it affects the tire rubber though over time.

Denny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks