• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sunk

adrianspeeder

Well after the big long tire saga of puttin' on new shoes for the war wagon, I'ma now lookin' for a 6.5L turbo. Silly hydrolockin'...

Ironhorse's deuce to the rescue again!

Adrianspeeder

Attachments

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drain the fluids, leave everything open, put a milkhouse heater under the hood for 24hr, fill everthing back up (with oil, not water again) then drive it. Unless you hydroed the engine at high rpm...

Then change the fluids two more times. Did this with a buddies dodge 3500 and he's sill drivig it 4 yrs later

adrianspeeder

Vacuumed out the intake, pulled the glow plugs (out poured a gallon of water) and bumped the starter about six times blowin' out less and less water. Seventh bump no crank so I'ma pull the intake and heads next, but not really upset as I want the 6.5L turbo.

+1 you could have snorkled it for cheap and saved alot of headache and $$$ :roll:
Coulda stayed out of the pond, but just havin' fun before I deploy here in two weeks.

Adrianspeeder

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks