• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Supacat MK2A in Sierra Madre 4th of July Parade

DSD277

The 4th I got a chance to be in the Sierra Madre parade as part of the Military Vehicle Museum (in south El Monte) group. I was given the priviledge to lead the group (Ii'm still not sure if it was a honor position, or to take the brunt of the water blaster attacks :lol: ) .
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/5326397_jsjkk#325392128_feRG9-L-LB

All in all, a fun day. To get such a rare and unusual vehicle in the public's eye was, at times comical. As it came down the center of the street, the people would clap and cheer, and as it drew closer, you'd see some jaws dropped and asked "what was it?", as the Supacat was clearly a lot larger than the following jeeps, and definately not the ATV "toy" they expected at a distance. As we made the way down the parade route, we were wondering who was being the most entertained? The crowd by us?..or us by them? :D

If the thrill of the parade wasn't enough, I drove the cat from my shop to the parade and made a "shuttle" run of people back to their cars, at the beginning of the route and their home, before making my way back to the shop. Typically at 25 to 30mph( except while shuttling), and at times a little over 35.
To date, I have not seen a picture that truely conveys the true size of the Supacat

Dave Dunn

Attachments

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Glad you had a great time. :) That's a nice toy you got there. I'd probably never be able to drive one, though. Judging by the slope of the hull and my being 6' 10" tall, my long legs would never fit. (I discovered last year that, after wanting an M38 for nearly 50 years, I can't drive one of those either...for the same reason!)

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great photo's in the online album.
I didn't see the Mighty Mite in your signature line.
Is she parade ready?

DSD277

Lifer,
The hull isn't the problem... it's the distance under the handlebars that get to you. Under normal braking, there isn't much problem to lift your leg to hit the brakes without hitting the underside of the handlebars ( tight, but still ok for my 6'!" frame :wink: ).
Now, while turning to the right is another matter, as the handlebar turns to the right, it comes down making it impossible to lift your right foot from the throttle to apply the foot brake without pulling up on the right bar, applying the right skid steer brake ( I need to see if it's possible to use my left foot? not natural for me :? )

Quarkz.
I liked those online pics too, enough to order them! :D
Shezz, I didn't realize that I have never posted pics of my Mite here. I'll need to correct that! Other than the rattle can paint job the previous owner did (which still looks good if you don't 'fixate' on any one place :lol: ), I presently can't think of anything it needs.
There pics of the rest of my motorpool here ( Thanks to Will Wagner):
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10405

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks