• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super Heavy Wreckers.. 1/2

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
westfork, the 4 axle wrecker was a Sterling (i think)and had wagon steering ( the whole front axle unit had a center pivot) this was a prototype

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sterling 6x4 wrecker

The orange one pictured was one of a pair used commercially up to the late 70's/'80's in Jersey . The sister truck is now under it's own steam and is about to be shipped for restoration to original USN condition.
2 years ago, having not been fired up for over 18 years, it was unsiezed, dusted off and pulled into life after three days of wrenching. I hope to post some pics soon of the next step.

IMG_49.jpg

Attachments

tamangel

Sterling Wrecker '43-'45 DDS235 10 ton Navy wrecker

just came back from the ATHS National Show in Pleasanton, CA. Got pic's of this old Sterling workhorse..
later IDed as a Sterling Wrecker '43-'45 DDS235 10 ton Navy wrecker
Mike W

Attachments

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Dragon Wagons" Are we still talking about wreckers or the M26 Pacific and M15 Freuhauf trailer which was "The" M25 Dragon wagon?..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks