• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

super single air valve stem distorted. replacement source?

racing4funn

I removed the CSIT air system and one the the stems in the center threads are distroied. So I cant screw in a center pin. My only guess is the take it to a semi truck tire place. Problem is the complete stem that bolts to the rim needs replaced and they will not have the same matching part. If I could get the stem then I could pull the tire apart and replace it since there are not special tools needed.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I removed the CSIT air system and one the the stems in the center threads are distroied. So I cant screw in a center pin. My only guess is the take it to a semi truck tire place. Problem is the complete stem that bolts to the rim needs replaced and they will not have the same matching part. If I could get the stem then I could pull the tire apart and replace it since there are not special tools needed.
There are air stem taps available to clean up the damaged threads, or you could post a pic and maybe someone would have what you need. I know I have some extras.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If you are planning on taking the rim apart you will need a new o ring to re-seal it. There are 3 different sizes depending on which rim you have. I was able to get the rim apart but could not get it to seal I had a local truck tire shop do it. It was money well spent. Don't expect the tire shop to have the o rings though.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You will need the valve stem assembly and the o ring to re-seal your 2 piece rim. I am not sure how to determine which o ring the rim uses without taking it apart. I believe there is a way to reference the number of bolts that hold the rim together to tell which o ring it uses. I have seen the o rings and the valve stems in the classifieds here. They can also be found on the net in various places. It is a wise idea to have a second spare rim and tire around just in case.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would start with the part number listed in the parts TM. Google it, look at the result from parttarget, read the manufacturer's name and part number. Google again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks