• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

super single go's my deuce

yorkgulch

11 inch rims

From what I have seen on 1100x20s the military ran them on stock rims with no problem. I am still looking for rims I like that are 10" or wider so I can mount 395/85r20's. I have seen 14.5r20's on what look like stock m135 wheels (different offset, same width?) and they look ok but a little to wide for the rim. That might be a problem with a load. I have looked at Stazworks, USA6x6 and Stockton rims but have not found the ones I really want. I like the m35a3 wheels but still have not located a set. Has anyone had experience running the 395/85r20s on stock rims?
Also has anyone put 1400r20 at2a 48" goodyears on. They look like a very tight fit.
Can you put a wider locking ring on stock rims?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My views are of little value but being the die hard off roader of yesteryear, I know float singles have a multitude of advantages over duals. With that said, all my trucks are duals and will remain that way. Just looks "Boss" to me!

rdixiemiller

You will like the singles. I do agree with Kenny, duals look good. If I get a "round tuit" and build some 10" wheels, I will try some of the wider radials. Until then, the 1100R20's are fine.
I have looked at modifying my truck a little to make the track look better. I think I am going to re-mount my mudflap assemblies closer in too the frame. I think that will change the perception of an overly narrow track. The mudflaps in the stock location make the track look narrow. I'll post my truck pics tomorrow from work (high speed line).

red devils dude

can I use a different tread pattern on the front then the back like XL's on rear and
XZL's on the front and for the spare?

and I found this Quote Even though the XZL's are much easier to balance than other equivalent-sized tires, we still recommend balancing the XZL's with Equal Tire Balancer for best results. When combined with Equal, the XZL's give a very smooth ride. We use Equal on our own Michelin tires, and the result is far superior to any other balancing/tire combination we have tried. Furthermore, the XZL's will remain balanced for their entire useful life with Equal. The 9.00's take 8 oz. of Equal.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jed, the only consideration would be size (rolling diameter). When you use all wheel
drive the tires should be closly matched to prevent damage to the drive train. At least on good traction surfaces.
No interaxle differentials here.

Bjorn
MVPA19212

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks