• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super Single Tread Rotation Direction

ralphluby

I have a M923A2 vehicle and recently I had a commercial truck driver tell me that 3 of my Super Single tires are rotating in the wrong direction. Is there a proper rotation direction for these tires?

porky69

If you have a directional tread, such as Michelin XL's, then yes if you want maximum traction. It won't hurt to run them "backwards", you just won't get full traction in forward, but in reverse instead.

dmetalmiki

When installed incorrectly, more friction = more heat = more wear. In adverse conditions the "stuff" is channeled towards the center causing lift = skid. (though better traction at SLOW speed.)

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the military has one side going one way and the other side going the other way. That way you can not tell witch way you are going in the dirt.

acme66

I have not noticed the direction of the Michelin X and XL to matter all that much in the rear but I found increased tire wear and steering input when running the front right in a reverse rotation. I flipped it after a few thousand miles and the improvement in both was quite noticeable. Still running that one rear one reversed since it is holding air and that is good enough for me. 8000 miles and no noticeable difference in wear between in and it's correctly rotating friends.

Ken

Special T

I think wear would be most notable in the front as well. Unless you have a locker in the axle then one tire will have more drive going forward and the other in reverse. Do the power tires on the bogy switch sides? I thought they did on semi trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks