• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

super single Wreckers, lets see them!

snakeater

About to acquire a new to me M-62 and was wondering what it would look like with super singles. If you have pics post them and let me know what you have done. Thanks in advance. Snakeater

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i would NOT go to BIG tires on the m62, they get you going faster and look good but you will be hurting for power, that is why id guess the military put 1100s on in the first place, i have talked to several people ( Tim for one) that have put big tires on and are not happy with them and are going to down size the tires, the wreckers (m62, m543, m816 were designed for primary recovery, hence the need for power, the m246 and the m819 with 1200s were designed for secondary recovery and a little less power need. hope this makes sense.

depends on what you went to use the m62 for, just for boom work , light recovery and tow, and show, then BIG tires, but if you went to use the m62 as it was intended to be used then 1100s

this is just my 2cents worth and opinion and we all know what they say about opinions, we all have one just like --- ----- you can add the missing words

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you absolutely positively have to have super singles and really need the power, consider the Michelin Pilote 15.5. Just about the same as a 395 but I think they have a higher weight rating.

AMGeneral

ranchhopper do you know if the tanks on your 816 are the same as an M35's ?

Actually GoHot,the 816 and M543 use an odd combonation of fuel tanks,the left(drivers) side tank is the standard 5 ton 78 gallon tank,the pass side tank is a 55 gallon tank,same tank as a 5 ton tractor or dump.

Just FYI,the fuel tanks are interchangeable between the 816,543 ,and M62 series wreckers,as long as they are Mack,Cummins or Gasser powered,the Multifuel powered wreckers have the intank pump.

Me personally,I'll stick with the 1100 NDCC dual tires,I just can't handle those 450 lb super singles.

snakeater

light use is the most I will ever do. If I do any heavy lifting it will be stationary. Mostly for show and play. Occasionally go out to the junk yard and tear cars in half. that kinda thing. Snakeater

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks