• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super singles are done, But....

DoubleDeuces

I have had a SuperSingle deuce and really liked it,but always felt the 11:00X20s slid alot, but YoungBill's 12.5s are the ticket. If you can run 12.5X20s on the standard rim,what would 14.00X20s look like and would there be a clearence problem? Bruce

DoubleDeuces

I have had a SuperSingle deuce and really liked it,but always felt the 11:00X20s slid alot, but YoungBill's 12.5s are the ticket. If you can run 12.5X20s on the standard rim,what would 14.00X20s look like and would there be a clearence problem? Bruce :shock: :D

mudguppy

to answer about whether it's hard on the bearings or not: what does the TM say?? does it address using singles in the rear?? the only reason i ask is because flipping the hubs and running singles was "approved" for our motorpool.

if the TM doesn't cover or address singles, then i'm not sure. everything the army did/does has to have documentation and approval for procedures. and nothing gets approved w/out being scrutinized for hazardous or harmful operation to operator or equipment.

the point being: the way i've seen active units do it is to flip the rear hubs. this doesn't garuntee it's correct, but leads me to think there is a paper trail..... :?

jasonjc

The 14.00R20 are to tall you would have to go with 14.50R20 they are shorter. You only have 48"beteewn the axles so if you used 2 49" tires they would over lap 2" in the middle not good

spicergear

Biggest single you can swing with the stock suspension is a 15.50-R20 XL or 395/85R20 XML. They're both 46" and fit but the down side is a custom wheel of some sort needs to be used with a 10" minimum width.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks